Personal Development Forum, Self Help Forum, Mind warrior forum

Author Topic: Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today  (Read 2713 times)

Aurelijus Terminas

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
“Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” – Steve Jobs.

Would you do things differently if you knew you’ll be dead soon? Would you choose different career or different relationship? Would you stop procrastinating on things?

Perhaps you would call that girl or guy you always liked, or tell your boss you deserve a pay rise?

Life’s too short to be little and so many of us spend our days as we would live forever. We procrastinate on things that would make the biggest difference in our lives.

“Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” – James Dean.

Just a few thoughts to think over the weekend; hope you'll have a great one!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:44:47 AM by Aurelijus Terminas »

Offline themissionmentor

• Lurker
  • Use the Law of Attraction to Create a Better World
    • View Profile
    • Mission Blueprint Online
Re: Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
Yeah I think making the most of each day as if it's your last keeps you focused. But we also have to be mindful that what we focus on increases. If we're focusing on this could be our last day so make the most of it, guess what? We might bring about an early death... Steve Jobs and James Dean case in point.
Developing Highly Effective Change Makers and Social Entrepreneurs On Purpose, In Prosperity, Making a BIG Difference

Offline SuccessfulPG

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
If we're focusing on this could be our last day so make the most of it, guess what? We might bring about an early death... Steve Jobs and James Dean case in point.

Good point.
SUCCESSFUL PERSONAL GROWTH - THE FUTURE OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT : http://www.successfulpersonalgrowth.com

Offline tobyjensen

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
Here's a take on this (since I put some serious thought into it once). Sure I may be dead tomorrow but I still want to eat dinner. I love this one side of putting incentive on you to get your priorities in order then get practical. We certainly don't want to do the things that might land us in jail or create enemies because tomorrow we die. There's this strong balance between practical enjoyment of the moment and having a plan in mind to keep enjoying it.

"Most men live lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - kinda fitting.

What does it take to get what you want? But really the question is, "What does it take to feel motivated enough to pay the price to enjoy life fully?"

Love this perspective of death to get you to make decisions and take action.

for tomorrow we die!
Toby Jensen
Master Life Coach

We only create exactly what we believe.