Personal Development Forum, Self Help Forum, Mind warrior forum

Author Topic: Secrets to setting priorities to achieving any goal  (Read 1810 times)

Offline tobyjensen

Secrets to setting priorities to achieving any goal
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:54:34 AM »
When do you keep at it and when do you shift gears?

This is how long to keep at it before you start wasting your time:

If you know it is going to work then stay at it until it does. If you don't know if it is going to work then what are wasting your time on?

A bit of a surprising response coming from me (of all people) - I must say. We could both name things for hours and hours that people worked on when they had no idea if it was going to work or not. Scientific and medical research just to name two. Inventors work their whole lives building and working on things without anything more than a hope that they might discover how something might work. Imagine if Edison only worked on things he knew for sure were going to work?

Exactly.

Only Edison (and all the rest) only worked on what they KNEW was going to work. Edison was a driver, hard worker, and pushed every day. He KNEW he was going to develop the best light bulb even when he didn’t know how. See the subtle difference?

Drive seems to be one of the best ways to achieve success. People that push to results like Edison achieve success. They know it will work (whatever they do) because they MAKE it work.

Now this was a case of asking a poor question to begin with. I must respectfully suggest asking a better question, “How do I keep interest and passion in doing the hard work to achieve success?”

Or, "How do I enjoy work?".

See how you get better answers?

Toby Jensen
Master Life Coach

We only create exactly what we believe.