Personal Development Forum, Self Help Forum, Mind warrior forum

Author Topic: My goal getting: increasing my reply to view ratio  (Read 372 times)

Offline tobyjensen

My goal getting: increasing my reply to view ratio
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:59:28 AM »
I am noticing that there are hundreds and hundreds of views to any given thread around but less than a handful of replies. Something is out of whack here (or at least seems to be).

Why is that? Why the reluctance to reply?
Toby Jensen
Master Life Coach

We only create exactly what we believe.

Offline D2R

Re: My goal getting: increasing my reply to view ratio
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:35:13 AM »
I think its human nature... people are after instant gratification, or perhaps just ways to further their own interests.

I guess you might get more replies if you ask more questions or get a bit more controversial. The question is then, are you after valid content or just replies?

Offline adaba063

• Lurker
  • I love nature. I am married with no children.
    • View Profile
    • Free and Savvy
Re: My goal getting: increasing my reply to view ratio
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
I am noticing that there are hundreds and hundreds of views to any given thread around but less than a handful of replies. Something is out of whack here (or at least seems to be).
I think it has something to do with a combination of things.

Part of it would be a lack of self-esteem.  We are dealing with topics here that are more than just simple fluff.  This is substantive stuff.

Another part is -- as Bob Proctor quotes Earl Nightingale -- "People don't think".  Because this is substantive stuff we are dealing with here,  it also requires some mental effort to digest it. 

Rather than think,  most people in the western/developed world,  would rather "like" a facebook comment or watch more silly youtube videos.

As for the replies,  just engage with those who are engaged,  and let the rest do their thing.

just a thought,

all the best,