Personal Development Forum, Self Help Forum, Mind warrior forum

Author Topic: My 7 Steps to Success  (Read 2724 times)

Offline D2R

My 7 Steps to Success
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:31:13 AM »
Ok, I have realized the title is a bit cheesy... Yet it describes what i believe to be a sure fire way to get what you want. The steps are:

1. Dream
2. Add Value
3. Set the goal
4. Affirm it
5. Create Accountability
6. Take Action
7. Account for your Success

You can read about more why I think these steps will work for anything you want to achieve at www.dreams2reality.co.za.

Offline adaba063

• Lurker
  • I love nature. I am married with no children.
    • View Profile
    • Free and Savvy
Re: My 7 Steps to Success
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
I like your list,  although I would alter the order just a bit.
  • Dream
  • Affirm it
  • Set the goal
  • Take Action
  • Create Accountability
  • Add Value
  • Account for your Success
It all starts on the inside before it moves to the outside.

thanks for sharing!

all the best,

Offline Moe

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
That's good, I agree with the order of the list that D2R put.

I feel that all these are important parts of success. Especially taking action (obviously).

However an important point that should not be overlooked is PERSISTENCE. Because We all have speed-bumps that make us want to quit. The key is to analyze the reason your wanting to quit, find a solution to it, and move FORWARD.

=)

Offline D2R

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:08 AM »
Wow, Many thanks for the inputs.

The "Add Value" step is perhaps misleading in its name, I will give the name some thought. The process in the step relates to linking your Dream, which you rediscover or acknowledge in step 1 to your Highest Values. It is really an internal process and I believe its critical in achieving success. It is the second step because the rest of the steps are a bit of a waste if there is no the link hasn't been established.

You can get more detail about the second step in the process at http://www.dreams2reality.co.za/p/values_28.html.

As for PERSISTENCE, I can't agree more. I'll have to give more thought to whether it is dealt with in the ACCOUNTABILITY or TAKING ACTION Step or whether it deserves an eighth step of its own.

Check out my new post on Asking Questions http://www.dreams2reality.co.za/, Its got me quite excited.

Thanks again for the comments.