Personal Development Forum, Self Help Forum, Mind warrior forum

Author Topic: How big is YOUR nail?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline TimCStar

How big is YOUR nail?
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »
 A traveling salesman stops at a farm house, far out in the countryside.  As he steps up onto the porch, he spots a hound dog laying a few feet from the door. The dog looks up at him and lets out a small, lazy moan, then puts his head back down.

The salesman knocks on the door, and it’s answered by the man of the house.  The salesman introduces himself, explaining what it is he sells, and the farmer says, “You know.  I’ve been thinking about buying some of that. Let’s have us a chat.”  He leads the salesman past the dog, to a couple of chairs on the porch.

They proceed to talk, and every 5 minutes or so, the dog lifts his head and lets out another howl.  Eventually, the salesman can’t ignore it, and asks the farmer, “Is he OK?  He sounds like he’s in pain.”

Aw, he’s just layin’ on a nail,” says the farmer.

The salesman is shocked. ”A nail?  Well, why doesn’t he get up and move?”

The farmer shrugs his shoulders.  ”I guess it don’t hurt ‘im enough, yet.”

Making life changes is often perceived as being hard to do, because we tend to think we have to make them all at once.  So, unless we are well-motivated, we may not feel as though it’s worth the effort.  But, in reality, making big changes can usually be accomplished in small, easy steps.  We just need to know where to start.
www.whatsyourpath.com - Personal blog

Offline Will Edwards

Re: How big is YOUR nail?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:13:32 AM »
Nice story! But I bet that dog would move if you offered him a sausage.

Pain and pleasure - says a lot about motivation eh?

Will :)

Offline TimCStar

Re: How big is YOUR nail?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
You betcha!  Sausage works!  And let's not forget bacon...   :P
www.whatsyourpath.com - Personal blog